The aim of the web technologies course project is to take you through all the steps of translating the client requirements to a fully functional web application. In this case I would be the client describing my requirements as follows.
I want to have my own personal custom built blog. The blog should have two sections. One is for general public to view my blog posts and the other section should be the admin panel of my blog.
Lab Task Two, Three and Four depends upon this project
Front page should list all of my posts in chronological order. Only the first 100 characters should be visible and each post should have a read more button to show full post.
- Top menu should show all of the categories of my posts.
- A post can have only in one category. A category has many posts.
- A post has and belong to many tags and a tag has and belong to many posts.
- Only logged in users should be able to comment on my posts.
- I should be able to create edit and delete my blog posts with images too from admin panel.
- I should be able to CRUD tags and categories.
I should be able to log my blood glucose level in following 6 categories
- Before Dinner
- After Dinner
- Before Lunch
- After Lunch
- I should be able to see the visual chart of my glucose levels.
- Only admin should be able to handle Admin Panel
You are required to demonstrate your skills of designing web page layouts by showing a one page layout with 3 column layouts. two columns should hold menus. Along with that also show the header with logo and menu and a footer
Do not use bootstrap for this task
Deadline: Friday 17-02-2017 Before Juma.
You are required to demonstrate your skills of CRUD (Create Read Update Delete) operations
you should demonstrate with at least one database table.
Deadline: 22-03-2017 in labs
Implement Course Project specifications of Front End Task 1,2 and 3
Deadline: April 27, 2017
Implement Course Project specifications of Front End Task 4 and 5
Deadline: May 04, 2017
Lab Task One
You are required to implement a simple calculator using Bootstrap and JQuery. you can take hints from
But your calculator should also implement power and square root functions
Deadline: 2nd March at 12 Noon in my office your code printed on pages
Lab Task Two
Implement Course Project specifications of Admin Panel Task 1 and 2
Deadline: May 11, 2017
Lab Task Three
Implement Course Project specifications of Admin Panel: Task 3
Deadline: May 18, 2017
Lab Task Four
Implement Course Project specifications of Admin Panel: Task 4 and 5
Deadline: May 24, 2017